Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Beauty of Decoupage


I have always loved the look of decoupage, but could never decide which wonderfully retro design to go with. I figured I would pick something out when I had more of a permanent home to decorate. Then I found out that Kaas Glassworks, in the West Village, did custom work - and then I knew exactly what I wanted to do! They have really amazing pieces, I'll definitely be back when I have more wall space to decorate (and for gifts as well - any special requests?). Their window (below) was all done up for V-Day, but I'm partial to the special one I just gave Dirk.........





4 comments:

Little Lunchbox said...

Hey Marcie,

This is beautiful! Have you been to John Derian (www.johnderian.com) on 2nd St. between 2nd Ave. & Bowery? Some of his decoupage paperweights have been featured on A Cup of Jo.

Also, the videos of the puppies in your next post made my day. Sooooooooooooo cute. Which shop were they at?

Gigi

Anonymous said...

So cool -- what a neat idea! (I remember you mentioning this at "shopping club" the other day!) BTW, I think it's a great idea to start a blog to keep friends and family in the know!

Marcie Greene said...

Hi Gigi - yes, I love John Derian as well, and I have to say that the 2 places are extremely similar. But Kaas is a bit less expensive and does custom work. And given that I see John Derian's product seemingly everywhere, I thought I'd give her a little promo - but his shop is such a great place to go for gifts, I admit!

The puppies were in a shop on
Christopher just east of 7th Ave. I don't know the name of the shop, but it's on the same stretch of Christopher as "The Petite Puppy", which also has doggies in the window (and I believe is where Frankie and Ruby came from). So cute, right? If only Dirk would let me have one :)

Marcie Greene said...

Hi Melissa -

Thanks so much for reading!! yes, it's actually become a little bit of an obsession to post, but even better when people read my messages. PS - Dirk thought it was hard to see, but the decoupage I got him was our wedding invitation.......See you for another shopping trip soon, I hope - I want to hear all about how the wedding planning is going!